Ladies we all love wearing heels, not to mention the skinny jeans and what is the most important thing, you need to make sure your legs are in top shape to carry it off. Ladies behold these are Leg Exercises for Women. Nowadays, due to our busy working schedules, it is quite difficult to remove time for working out. The most important thing is the area that we need to work on hamstrings, calves and the quads. To save you time here I list some of the best listed here and some more. Before we start, we need to make sure we have the right expectations for ourselves.
- Do not expect instant miracles, so you need to be working out and sweating it out.
- You don’t need hours to work out, but you should make sure that you spend a minimum time every day.
- It’s very important for you to work your legs because keeping them in shape will make sure that they help with workouts of other parts as well as it strengthens the core.
Best leg workouts for women
1. Squats – This is something that I swear by the resistance and the way you do it really works wonders. What you need to do is stand with your feet apart and then bend your knees while sitting down with your back straight. Get back into position. Do 3-4 sets of 10 squats each.
2. Barbell Squats – This is a variation of the normal squats where you need to hold a barbell on your shoulder. This will help up the resistance levels of squats. Do 3-4 sets of 10 squats each.
3. Toe walking – this is a similar thing to what women used to do to get a better posture. However, when used correctly, this helps in getting you one of the best Leg Exercises for Women. What you need to do is hold dumbbell in both your hands and then walk on your toes for about 1 minute. You can walk straight or in a circle the choice is up to you. Do 3-4 sets of 60 seconds each depending on your strength.
4. Kettle bell swing – This workout looks more like what you would have seen people doing in early 18th Century when working in the fields. When done today it helps an individual get amazing legs. An individual needs to hold the Kettle bell with both your hangs and then while getting down to a squatting position while swinging the kettle bell between your legs. Get back into position. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
5. Side Lunges – This is a little tricky exercise, however, when done correctly will get you amazing results. Stand with your feet far apart and then lunge to your left till your knees are at a 90 degree angle. Do the same on the right side as well. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
6. Donkey kicks – This is something a little out of the donkeys work book. Well, not exactly what you have to do is stand on all fours and then slowly bend your leg behind till you almost touch your butt. Do the same with your other leg. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
7. Bent knee lung – this is more like a standing working out, what you need to do is stand straight and bend your knee slowly bringing to your hip level on the outside of course not straight up. Follow the same way for the other side. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
8. Warrior – This is a yoga position similar to the donkey kick. What you need to do is stand straight with feet together and slowly lift your right leg while moving your upper body forward and all body weight on your left leg. Do the same for the other legs hold the position for a few seconds. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
9. Front lunges – this is again a variation of the side lunges, instead of moving sideways you will be moving forward. You can do this with or without weights. While standing straight lunge forward till your knees are bent and by putting weight on your back get back into the starting position. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
10. Chair rest – To accomplish this exercise what you need to do is place the heel of left leg, keeping your leg straight on the chair; ensure that your right leg is also straight. Slowly put your body weight on the right leg and then slowly raise the heel off from the chair, hold it till you feel a pull. Now do the same for the other leg. This may give you burning muscles when you it, but it is one of the best Leg Exercises for Women.
11. Jump and squat – This is a combination of fun and work out at the same time. So here is what you need to do get down to the squatting position and then jump as high as you can, on getting back down get down into the squatting position again. Do 3-4 sets of 10 each.
12. Ballet Plie – This is a work out when you need to hold the back of a chair with the heel pressed together and the toes facing outward, you then bend your knees in a V position. This is basically like a dance form evolving into an exercise and you can be even use hand gestures just to feel more like a dancer less like an exercise to make it more fun.
13 Side kick – This again is a move taken from martial arts. You should hold weights and then stand with your feet apart. With left knee bent a little and putting your weight on the left leg kick your right leg out and then bring back to position. Do the same for the other leg.
Now that we have seen 13 best Leg Exercises for Women. Here is secret which doesn’t even require you to spend extra time of your day on getting those amazing legs. Take the stairs, simple yet very effective is taking the stairs to anywhere. This gets your body in top condition even if you do not have too much time on your hands. So ladies what are you waiting for? Now that you have some of the secret let’s get working and get awesome results!!!