HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE DURING PREGNANCY
Pregnancy brings with it utmost care and complications. Though the feeling one gets during pregnancy is unparalleled. However, to maintain that healthy feeling, one needs to consume healthy food. You might get hard craving for something really not worthwhile for you and your baby. You will have to exercise a great control over your cravings and follow a healthy food guide. Coz now it is not only you but your baby who needs utmost care and nutrition for a healthy life and growth.
Let the healthy food guide mentor your eating habits during pregnancy
Healthy Food Guide during Pregnancy
Light Snacks To Eat
Eating heavy is not what the pregnancy demands. Light snacks or meals during regular intervals will keep you away from the pregnancy sickness. Some of the snacks that you can have your hands on to are:
- Fruit Smoothie
Enveloped with fatless milk and yoghurt, the fruit smoothie can be proved to filling, yet light a snack. Choose the fruits as per the mineral and nutrition content present in them. Your baby requires an ample amount of proteins, calcium and other nutrients which enable him to develop his body organs and strengthen his nervous system. Fruit smoothie gets all the required nutrients to your baby.
Excellent source of calcium ad vitamins and rich in folate, oranges are considered best for your and your baby’s growth and development. Having orange with an iron rich food enables one to absorb all iron smoothly in one’s body due to the presence of Vitamin C in oranges.
- Vegetable Sandwich
No, not the sandwich containing fatty potatoes, mayonnaise or any other junk item. A healthy sandwich like spinach sandwich or sandwich with salads or variety of green vegetables equipped sandwich fills you with good amount of nutrition. Spinach is full of iron required densely by your baby for a healthy building of his bones, muscles and other organs. Prepare a tasty sandwich that is healthy on your body.
Feeble Snacks To Avoid
It is better to maintain distance with some food items that may cause complications in your pregnancy and disrupt the growth of your little one.
- Fishes of some kind
Undoubtedly, certain fishes are good as far as your baby’s brain development is concerned. Such fishes are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. While some contain methyl-mercury, consumption of which can lead to miscarriage and act as a barrier in baby’s growing nervous system. Few examples of fishes that have long lives and accumulate mercury in their bodies are swordfish, shark and tilefish
- Unprocessed Milk or Juice
Pasteurized juice and milk come packed with nutrients and other health benefits. The challenge is to have raw milk or juice that can pose serious health threats to you and your baby. You are likely to encounter food borne diseases and disease at the time of pregnancy is scary for your baby. Have access to pasteurised milk or juice and help you little one lead a healthy living.
Healthy Instructions To Follow
- Keep your healthy weight intact by undergoing regular physical workout, being it gym-ming, household chores, sports games or an ere walking. Increase the levels of nutritional intake like fruits, green leafy veggies and healthy fresh juices. Consume plenty of water to flush out toxins and extra fats from your body.
- Include meat and meat substitutes in your healthy list. Having meat per day will allow your baby to grow faster, stronger and tougher. It gives your baby the nutrients required for his overall development. If you are a vegetarian and can only consume vegan food. You can choose to go with meat substitutes like tofu, black and red lentils, tempeh, whole grains and legumes.
- Keep a control over foods and drinks high in caffeine, saturated fats, preservatives and alcohol. Coffee or tea equipped with high caffeine can run the risk of causing miscarriages and abortions. It is beneficial to supersede saturated fats liken pastries, chocolates and cakes with those of unsaturated fats like almond, avocados or salmon. The saturated fats can increase the level of cholesterol in your blood, thus, giving the room to cardiovascular diseases. Pregnant women should also limit the consumption of alcohol as it can cause birth disorders and harm your baby.
- Envision the future of you and your baby. Exercise viable choices of food. Have safe food and let your baby grow and develop safely without any interruption. All you intake will be passed on to your baby. Providing nutrition to your baby is in your hands now. Follow this healthy food guide for a better life.